2006-04-07

Tonight I watched King Kong (2005) for the first time. Don't laugh. I don't really go out to the movie theaters a lot. It's expensive, most of the movies aren't worth $10, and I usually end up sitting in front of the seat-kicker twins. I built a home theater to enjoy a movie in a controlled environment...but this is one of those movies that I really wish I had seen on the silver screen.

In true Peter Jackson fashion, the computer-enhanced special effects were breathtaking. Breathtaking is actually understating it. My heart was pounding from beginning to end. It was a three hour roller coaster ride that was a bit reminiscent of Jurassic Park, but kept with the original screenplay most of the way. The biggest thing that set this movie apart from Jurassic Park was that the actors were believable. You actually cared about most of them. If you were a sap like me and missed this movie when it came out, go get the DVD now...you won't regret it.

No comments: