2006-04-24

So today I decided to install AdvanceMAME on my PowerBook G4 running OS X Tiger. I downloaded the source from the AdvanceMAME site, then typed ./configure and waited for my first barf...which happened about 45 seconds later. It couldn't find the sdl libraries so I typed sudo port install libsdl and after the libraries were installed I tried the configure script again. This time it went through all the way. Then I typed make and after 20 minutes discovered that this was going to take awhile so I went to watch 24. I came back an hour later and it was done. I received a whole bunch o' ROMs from my friend Rom (no kidding) but to my disappointment I couldn't get the half dozen that I tried to work in Advance MAME. He included the emulators along with the ROMs so I guess they are written in a different format. I had to play them on my XP box instead. Oh well...time to find some ROMs that will play I s'pose.

No comments: