2006-03-21

So this week your friendly neighborhood sys admin gets to don his network hat on and do some work on a PIX 525. We have an office on the east coast that is moving on Thursday. We have a lan-to-lan vpn tunnel connecting our office in Idaho with the east coast office, so once it moves and the external address changes the tunnel will break - that's where I come in. The PIX changes are minor, and the VPN concentrator changes are even more minor...but the fact that I get to do the work makes my geek salivary glands pumpin. I've always liked doing network work (even firing up tcpdump to aid in application troubleshooting is fun). Our main network admin is on vacation, so I get to live out my fantasies. OK, being a network admin for a week is a pretty sad fantasy...at least I'm being honest.

No comments: