2006-03-27

A friend of mine sent me a link to this News.com article which talked about being able to use Slingbox on your cell phone. Now, I definitely think this is a very cool idea. I'm not a huge TV fanatic, however I do see the convenience in being able to watch TV while on the go.

I already spent way too much on my HTPC project, so the idea of paying another $250 for the Slingbox is not one I'm likely to entertain. Now, as coincidence would have it, my work is issuing out Treo 700W's to all the system / network admins this week. I think the combination of my HTPC + Orb + TCPMP will equal a pretty good project for me to write up about. If my friend does end up getting the Slingbox, I'll try to get him to write up a review on that as well. I don't think Orb's video is going to match up with the Slingbox...but on a 240 x 240 cell phone screen, will I notice the difference?

No comments: